- job resources
- login to My SEG
The NSG Section Student Travel Grant Program exists to support students seeking a career in near-surface geophysics to attend the SEG Annual Meeting. Each year a number of travel grants of up to $500 (USD) each may be awarded.
Graduate students with research projects in near-surface geophysics are eligible for a travel grant. Preference will be given to students presenting oral or poster papers at the SEG Annual Meeting. The applicant must be a student member of the NSG Section.
Applications should be submitted by July 31 for the SEG Annual Meeting year they would like to attend. Applications should be submitted electronically (preferred) or by mail to:
Annual Meeting Travel Grants
P.O. Box 702740
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74170-2740 USA
The application should contain:
1. Name, address, telephone number, and e-mail, including permanent school and summer addresses
2. Affiliation (college or university, department, and academic advisor)
3. One-page summary of geophysics coursework, planned career, and financial need if appropriate
4. Research topic (may be the expanded abstract of the SEG Annual Meeting presentation)
5. Letter of confirmation of enrollment from academic advisor
A Selection Committee consisting of the NSG Section Awards Committee or the Past-President, President, and President-Elect will review the applications and recommend awards to the Executive Committee. The Selection Committee will notify the award recipients one month after the deadline for applications.
The travel grants will be awarded at the NSG Section dinner reception and business meeting during the SEG Annual Meeting. (If charges apply, award winners will receive a free invitation to the reception).